Climate & Environment Committee
The mission of the Climate and Environment Committee is to inspire and facilitate energy conservation and environmental stewardship by the Town and its residents through education, government policies, and incentives.
The Climate & Environment (C&E) committee is establishing a C&E Advisory Group that will provide occasional email feedback on committee initiatives. Whether you have a wealth of expertise in sustainability or just an interest in making the Town greener, we would love to work with you on activities that mean the most to you! If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below or email TOCCFriendsofHealthyClimate@Gmail.com
Shades of Green Resource Pages
Below you will find video presentations of various environmental topics. Click on the tabs below for a brief summary of the presentation, supporting documents, and video.
- Goals for 2018 - 2019
- Goals for 2014 - 2015
- Goals for 2013 - 2014
- Goals for 2012 - 2013
- Goals for 2011 - 2012
- Goals for 2010 - 2011
- Update Report to the Town Council, February 12, 2018
- Update Report to the Town Council, July 20, 2015
- Update Report to the Town Council, July 9, 2014
- Report of the Tree Subcommittee to the Town Council, October 28, 2014
- Tree Subcommittee PowerPoint, December 1, 2014
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are posted prior to each meeting. Minutes are posted upon approval at a regularly scheduled committee meeting.
Environmental Survey Results
The Climate and Environment Committee is planning to hold a meeting in September to review the results of the Town's Environmental Survey and hold a brainstorming session on the Town's environmental priorities for the next several years. The Committee will then develop recommendations to be presented to the Town Council for consideration.
- 2010 ICLEI Local Sustainability Leaders; Climate Outreach Innovation Award Runner-Up
- 2010 Bethesda Magazine Green Community Award