- Barry Hager, Chair (Term Expires: 2017)
- John Fleder (Term Expires: 2018)
- Jim Lawson (Term Expires: 2019)
There is a town ethics commission that consists of three (3) members appointed by the mayor, to serve staggered terms of three (3) years. The chair shall be designated by the mayor. If the mayor does not designate the chair, the commission shall elect its own chair.
- The commission shall:
2. Develop procedures and policies for advisory opinion requests and provide published advisory opinions to
persons subject to this division regarding the applicability of the provisions of this division to them;
3. Develop procedures and policies for the processing of complaints to make appropriate determinations
regarding complaints filed by any person alleging violations of this division; and
4. Conduct a public information program regarding the purposes and application of this division.
- The town attorney shall advise the commission.
- The commission shall certify to the State Ethics Commission on or before October 1 of each year that the town is in compliance with the requirements of State Government Article, Title 15, Subtitle 8, Annotated Code of Maryland, as amended, for elected local officials.
- The commission shall determine if changes to this division are required to be in compliance with the requirements of State Government Article, Title 15, Subtitle 8, Annotated Code of Maryland, as amended, and shall forward any recommended changes and amendments to the town council for enactment.
- The commission may adopt other policies and procedures to assist in the implementation of the commission's programs established in this division.
ProceduresProcedures of the Ethics Commission can be found here.
A financial disclosure form must be filed annually by all sitting Town Council members. Elected Council members, the Town Manager, and the Town Clerk/Finance Officer must file the form with the Town Office on or before April 30 of each year. An appointed Council member must file the form within 30 days of appointment. All persons who wish to qualify as candidates for the Town Council, including current Council members, must file this form by the third Tuesday before the election (which takes place on the first Tuesday in May).