Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
This time of year loud leaf blowers intrude on the peace and quiet of our neighborhood. The Town encourages residents to be considerate of their neighbors and try to tone it down this year. Here are some ideas to help do that: 1) Follow the Town’s quiet hours (7 PM to 8 AM weekdays, 7 PM to 9 AM weekends)
2) Consider raking leaves instead of blowing them
3) Use quieter, electric equipment Below is a list of lawn care companies that advertise use of equipment that is quieter than the usual gasoline-powered machines. Quieter electric equipment is also generally much better for the environment because it produces less CO2 and other pollutants. Some of these companies also state that they take care to use other environmentally-friendly approaches to lawn care.
• AIR Lawn Care located in Montgomery County (airlawncare.com) offers solar-powered electric lawn care and maintenance services.
• Solar Mowing, Bethesda, MD (solarmowing.com) is a certified Green Business in Montgomery County offering solar powered mowing services to the Bethesda-area and NW Washington DC. Lyn DeWitt, owner, was inspired to found the company after learning that gas-powered mowers emit more pollutants than cars.
• Enchanted Garden, Washington DC (enchantedgardendc.com) believes in using all organic methods, with a dedication to using wildlife-friendly plants. We use only battery-operated mowers and blowers.
• Greener Side, Chevy Case, (no website) offers eco-friendly landscaping services at wallet-friendly prices.
These companies have not been vetted by the Town, but have been recommended by residents. If you would like to recommend the addition of other lawn care companies to the list, please send your suggestions to the Town Office.