Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please Remember To Bag, Box Or Contain All Of Your Discards.
Please Do Not Put Items On The Curb Before Friday Afternoon, April 4.
The Following Items Will Not Be Picked Up:
• NO construction debris
• NO parts of junked automobiles (engines, transmissions), boats or trailers
• NO loose glass of any kind
• NO firewood or fencing of any kind
• NO paint cans
• NO flammable or hazardous liquids or solids
• NO recyclable items, such as newspapers, mixed paper or cardboard, landscape pots, old books and magazines, large plastic bins - please recycle!
• NO shrubbery cuttings, yard clippings, leaves or grass – recycle with yard trash!
If you have questions about how to discard any of these items, please call the Town Office at 301-654-7144. We will be happy to help you arrange a special pick-up for items that are not included in Trash and Treasures. There will be a charge for a special pickup.
At 7 a.m., Monday, April 7, a crew will begin clearing feeder streets to Chevy Chase Elementary School. During non-rush hours, the peripheral streets will be cleared. After these priority streets are cleared, the truck will proceed according to a schedule arranged with the Town Manager. An account of daily progress will be kept in the Town Office. Once a street has been cleared, the contractor will not return to that street. Residents who discard items after the street has been cleared will have to arrange for a special pick-up for a fee.