Report, Request & RSVP

Use the forms below to report a problem, request a service, or RSVP to a Town event.
By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Block Party Application

  1. Overview

    Residents of the Town of Chevy Chase may petition the Town to close streets in the Town for the purpose of holding block parties. Block party petitions will be approved subject to the following conditions:

    COVID-19 Note: All block parties must conform to Montgomery County reopening guidelines.

    • All residents in the block(s) must be contacted.
    • At least 60% of the households on the block must sign the petition/hold harmless agreement (below). All petitioners must be at least 21 years of age.
    • A petition/hold harmless agreement must be submitted to the Town office at least seven days prior to the proposed event.
    • Block parties must be limited to four hours.
    • Fire, police and rescue vehicles must be permitted access at all times during the block party.
    • No residents’ vehicles will be denied access to or from their homes during the hours of the block party.
    • The Town will deliver signs, barricades and caution tape to each end of the block. Residents in charge of the block party will be responsible for setting up the signs and the barricades (no further than five feet apart) and stringing the caution tape between the barricades. Residents will be responsible for removing the signs, barricades and tape after the event.
    • All streets must be reopened before nightfall.
    • Residents will be responsible for collecting and disposing of all trash and debris.
    • The block party is subject to the County’s Noise Ordinance.
    • The petitioners agree to the attached hold harmless agreement.

    The Town offers a subsidy of up to $150 to cover expenses incurred by the party organizer. The organizer must submit receipts for reimbursement following the party. Receipts may not include expenses for alcohol. Please call the Town Office if you would like additional information.

  2. Leave This Blank:

  3. This field is not part of the form submission.